New Year’s Resolutions You Can Achieve!
Choose One of These New Year Resolution’s to Live YOUR Best Life!
Are you struggling to think of a New Year’s Resolution this year? Or are you debating if it is even worth it to set a resolution for yourself, because like a lot of us, you failed to keep or even attempt the resolution you made last year? If that’s the case, fear no more! This post shares plenty of New Year’s Resolution ideas that are not only achievable, but have the power to improve the quality of your life, as well!
Ideas for Your New Year’s Resolutions!
- Expand your vocabulary! I once heard a saying that the word “very” is lazy. Instead of saying you’re “very tired”, say you’re “exhausted.” Download a free app, such as PowerVocab, A Word A Day Widget or Magoosh Vocabulary Builder, to learn a new word every day.
- Write down one thing you are grateful for every day.
- Learn to cook something new every month! Create a “Recipe Resolution” album on your phone and take a picture of the recipe you made each month, as well as a screenshot or picture of the recipe.
- Attempt a 30-second-plank every single day. Once you are able to do the full 30 seconds, add 15 more seconds on and continue doing this every month, until you get all the way up to 2-minute planks! You will be obsessed with the progress your abs will show by the end of the year.
- Be more conscious of turning the lights off! Whether it is turning the lights off before leaving your house/apartment or when you’re simply not using them, you can feel good about the fact that you’re saving energy (and money!)
- Do one random act of kindness a week. Keep a journal and document these acts as you perform them — what a great thing you could look at if you’re having a bad day!
- Learn how to play a new card game.
- Join a club or group! Bible studies, dessert group, book clubs, are all great ways of being social and keeping your mind stimulated. If there isn’t a group yet for something you would like to be a part of, start one!
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself one thing you love about yourself every single day. Practicing self-love is very important!
- Read more books.
- Practice being more present when spending time with others. A good way to start this is by simply making rules such as, “no phones at the dinner table.” While that might not be practical for all of us, it might help to remember the time we have on this earth is very limited; you never want to look back and regret not engaging in conversation or giving someone the time they deserve.
- Set goals for yourself and make them public. If it is a work-related goal, such as hitting a sales goal or learning a new skill, send an email or make this goal vocal to your team. If it is a personal goal, such as going to the gym three times a week, make it public to your friends and even on Facebook! You are so much more likely to stay with your goal and accomplish it when you make it public.
- Volunteer. It is often said that the fastest way to happiness is helping others.
These resolutions might seem small, but they are achievable! Never give up on improving the quality of your relationships and the quality of your life 🙂
I know you can do it! Be proud of the positive changes you make this year.
Here are some of my favorite moments from 2018! I got engaged, I traveled, I had a switch in careers. Like everyone, my year was filled with ups and downs. But remember – it’s all about how we react and handle these life moments that matter in the end.
Happy New Year! Wishing everyone good health & happiness.